Swollen lump on the bottom lip. Asked to remove it. What is it?

My husband went to a walk in clinic this morning due to a pimple that was on his bottom lip has turned into something else. His bottom lip is now swollen about 3X size of normal.Doctor gave him antibiotic and topical numbing agent but he is still in allot of pain and says he wishes he could just cut it open for relief. What is this? Doc said it was an infection... really what kind of infection is this? What can be done besides ice and IB Profin for pain relief and swelling?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013