Swollen legs, pins and needles in right hand, coughing. Had open heart surgery. Normal?

Hello My Dad had an open heart surgery - MVR and TV Repair. His legs are swollen and especially the right side (right leg is much bigger). He also feels pins and needles on his right hand . He is also coughing a lot and this is triggered while eating, when trying to walk a little and also when resting if the gradient of the bed is almost flat (he needs it raised quite a lot). Please let me know whether this are just normal things that will eventually go. (His operation was only about 10 days ago. Thanks Ketan
Asked On : Fri, 12 Oct 2012