Swollen knee with red spot on body. High uric acid level. Took Allopurinol, Etoricoxib. What can be done?

My husband s left knee was swollen and he had some red spots on his body. He said it s very painful to step or walk. I took him to the doctor and he was given Allopurinol , Etoricoxib, and Colchicine after seeing the result of his uric acid level which was 8.8. Is it really high? After one day of taking the medication, his lips were swelling and he was having some bumps on his hand and leg, bumps which has fluid inside. It looks like chicken pox . What is going on?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013