Swollen glands under chin causing discomfort, excessive phlegm in the morning on waking, fever blisters, palate and tongue yellowish. What is the cause?

Hi For a couple days I ve been noticing something like swollen glands right below my chin , very uncomfortable. In the mornings I wake up with lots of flem but I m unable to get rid of it. I ve had fever blisters as well. Just now I noticedthe back of my tongue and the roof of my mouth are yellowish. What could this be?
Asked On : Thu, 5 Jul 2012
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
in my opinion there is sinus infection causing this
as all symptoms are almost similar to sinusitis
you can use metronidazole course to clear infection
take anti allergic s to decrease mucus
apply ointments on blisters in back of tongue and roof of mouth
chin swelling will take time to go as it is reactive hyperplaia of nodes
but i will advise you to get x ray pns waters view and consult ent doctor to find the exact diagnosis