Swollen finger, peeling skin. Applied ice

I thought i jammed my finger at cheerleading practice on thursday night, it was a little swollen but nothing extreme.. i just iced it and went on with my day. On friday i was hanging out with some friends i wear a ring on this finger (ring finger) and it got stuck on part of my friends car and with the force my ring cut part of my finger... looks like more of just pealing some skin off.. it instantly got very swollen , about 2 times the size. 2 days later its still a little swollen but significantly down in size. I dont know if that much force, which bent my ring and cut my finger was strong enough to create a break or fracture of my finger
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013
If you can move the finger without significant pain then it is unlikely to be broken. It likely became inflamed because of the cut, but since the swelling is reduced I think you should be fine. If the swelling increases or the pain does not subside within 2-3 days then I would suggest having an x ray and an exam by a doctor