Swollen calf, ankle and feet. Done blood test. What could be wrong?

my calf s ankles and feet swell constantly so I saw a doc that determined that dieretics would not help and theirs were no clots so she got tons of blood to run test in search for the cause of the swelling . Its been a week or 2 now and she called back wanting me to come we needed to talk and it d not good. What could be wrong
Asked On : Sat, 29 Sep 2012
Hi there,

More information, particularly about your age, gender, other problems, co-existing medical conditions, drugs etc.. is required to reach to a conclusion.

However, the problem can be due to common conditions like severe protein deficiency or anemia; or, more serious conditions like kidneys or liver problem, or right sided heart failure.

Consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with me, order required tests, and- based on the reports- will prescribe suitable/modified treatment as advised.

If you find my response helpful and informative, do not forget an “excellent” (5-star rating) to my answer, to ENCOURAGE ALL doctors- engaged in social service- to render sound advice to the FREE queries.

Dr. Rakesh Karanwal