Swollen breast gland. Normal mammogram report. Pain in the nipple. Need further evaluation?

I had a hysterectomy in April 2011, ovaries were not removed. About 8 months after surgery, my left breast became swollen, engorged, and very painful within 24 hours. I went to the doctor and had an ultrasound and later a mammogram done. Results showed an enlarged gland on top of the breast, but mammogram came back negative. The pain eventually went away. But for the past 3 days, my left nipple has been hurting, sharp pain on the tip, without touching it. The pain is not constant, but pain shoots through it every couple of hours and last between 5-15 minutes for pain to go away. The enlarged gland on top is still present.
Asked On : Thu, 29 Nov 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  33 Awaiting Answer