Swollen ankle, painful waking. Tender achilles heel. What is it?

I have had a problem for a few years now with my left foot which keeps on swelling around the ankle socket. It makes it painful to walk after long hours of standing on it. I have been to a chiropodist and have obtained some special in-soles but find that these do nothing for me? My foot often ceases up and I find it difficult/impossible to rotate my foot in a circular motion like my right foot is capable of doing. My Achilles heel is also really tender, I feel a dull pain when attempting to circulate my left foot. I have always had juddering legs since I was little which can last up to 30 seconds at a time. What could it possibly be?
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013