Swollen ankle after being hit by a football. Hot to touch, painful. Fracture or sprain?

Hello, Doctor. I was recently playing softball with friends after school to condition for the season coming up, and one of my friends threw the ball and hit my right ankle right above the bone on the side. At first, the pain was immediately upon getting hit and the pain subsided so I continued playing. When I got home, and removed my socks, my ankle was swollen, and beginning to turn black/purple. Now it is hot to the touch, painful even without moving, and I get a dull ache every time I take a step. I can walk but I would prefer not to. There is also a bump that is hard and to even graze my finger over the bump gives me pain. Could this be a small fracture or just a normal sprain? Thank you for reading!
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013