Swollen and painful foot after injury, hurts to walk, bruising. Applied hot water and ice. What could be wrong?

Tonight while playing soccer, a girl stepped/stomped on the top of my left foot , nearly directly in the centre/middle of my foot. It has been approximately 4 hours since impact. It is quite swollen. It is painful to bring my toes back and to push my foot forward. It also hurts to walk. Bruising has already appeared. As soon as I got home I put my foot in a bucket of warm-hot water. Then I iced it. Doing both of these hurt quite a bit. I am just wondering what could possibly be wrong? I have another soccer game tomorrow night and I would like to know if I could play or not. Is it ligament damage? Fracture? Or just bruised internally? Thanks.
Asked On : Sun, 11 Nov 2012