Swelling with a lump on the arch of foot, no blistering or puncture. Spider bite or blood clot?

I woke up early the other morning with a long ( 1 1/2 inch), slightly red swelling on the arch of my foot that started at the upper middle of the arch towards the upward side. it got more swollen the next day and went from itchy and slightly sore to just a bit swollen and sore. now the lump is a bit wider but seems to be no worse. in fact it is less sore and less red. its been 4 days and the length is the same, the width is the same as the second day. It doesn t appear to be a bug bite as I can not see any blistering or puncture point. It doesn t seem infected either. its just a lump now that seems to be going away slowly. could it be a spider bite or a blood clot?
Asked On : Fri, 21 Dec 2012