Swelling sensation, light chaffing inside of bottom lip. What could be the reason?

I have been experience a swelling sensation and well as apparent light chaffing on the inside of my bottom lip. This occurs when I have not eaten anything, then more noticeable when I do eat. At first I thought it was the type of food I was eating, laying on my bottom teeth so I would brush them but with no relief. This has been happening for about 2 weeks now. I have been keeping a log of the items I ve been consuming but have not changed my diet during that time it began occuring.
Asked On : Sat, 28 Jul 2012
Dentist 's  Response
I have gone through your concern.
The feeling of chaffing and swelling inside of lip can be because of irritation by tooth in that region or can be because of starting of ulcer formation. You ca check in mouth for such cause or check if you find any cracks or break in tissues in the region.
please give us feedback or consult the Dentist or physician.

I hope you find this helpful.