Swelling, popping, clicking in knee, painful, shooting pain. What is wrong?

I ve been a skateboarder for quite some time now and this problem has been occurring for a couple of years. From what i can remember I was going for a trick and in mid air i kicked the board then landed on slanted surface making my left knee go inward towards the right leg. immediately no pain was there as i did feel a slight pop, so i skate a little more and as i go for my next trick i bend down and pain shoots through my knee unable to walk normal. As time goes i forget about it and i go in for a deep squat and the pain comes as try to straighten my leg. it feel as if its being blocked by something. and when i try to squat back down it feels really stiff and unable to get the full squat. There is swelling and popping and/or clicking in my knee when the pain dulls enough to freelly try to extend my knee and bend it.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013