Swelling on knuckles and fingers, lifting fairly heavy weights. Taken traumeel. Treatment?

My husband s left knuckles on the middle and ring fingers swole up last weekend without having done anything major. He was lifting fairly heavy weights with his finger tips . He has been using ice 4 - 5 times a day (10 minutes on, 10 minutes off and 10 minutes on) and taking an anti-inflammatory as well as rubbing it with Traumeel. The swelling and pain have not changed much.
Asked On : Sun, 19 Aug 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
It may be possiblity that your husband may had a fracture in knuckle. I would suggest you to get X ray of the hand to confirm the diagnosis. if there is no fracture then you need to continue with ice and bandage as it can be a deep soft tissue injury which will take some time to be completely cure,