Swelling on face with scar tissue, having gingivitis and cavities on same side. Are they related?

I have a little swelling on my right side of my face just below the ear behind jaw bone. I was told by my doctor it was either scar tissue or a sis.I asked her can it be biopsy she said its much to small its right under the skin. It doesn t hurt,had it for six months. I recently went to the dentists and was told I have gengivitis and seven cavities and that my wisdom tooth needs to be pulled out which is on same side as the swelling could this have anything to do with my problem?
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013