Swelling near the toe with itching, bruising. Reason? Bug bite?

I was standing up and all of a sudden the ball of my foot just below my little toe swelled up. Doesn t appear to be a bite and the only sensation I had was that it felt a little itchy. No burning feel. A little sore if I walk on it but nothing severe. A day later the swelling has reduced 50% and heavy bruising is showing. Any idea what it could be? This is the second time that it has happened. The first time was a few months ago and I just assumed it must have been a bite of some sort, but couldn t find any evidence of one. This happening a second time is really weird and I m wondering what it is.
Asked On : Thu, 3 Jan 2013