Swelling in the jaw after being hit. Lower lip, chin numb. Solution?

i was hit in the jaw(sucker punched) about 3 days ago. my jaw is still a little swollen and the feeling is slowly returning to my gums and chewing is a little easier but my lower lip(just the right side and only a small part) is not completely numb but the sensation is dulled alot. when i move my jae in certain ways i get a sharp pulling feeling in my lip(on the part where its numb)and my chin is numb on the same side. its very annoying, what can i do to make it heal?
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013
Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist 's  Response
The nerves in this area may still be bruised from the impact of the punch. They can take longer to re over than the soft tissues. The numbness is most likely to recover fully over the next few days.
Dr K A Pottinger