Swelling in the ankle after walking for a long time. Inflamed Achilles tendon. Can I use ice and ibuprofen?

Hello. I was walking home last night, and i walk a lot, and the back of my ankle started feel under pressure. By the time i was getting into bed, i noticed that the area around my Achilles tendon was swollen. I woke this morning unable to walk properly. The tendon area is red and inflamed. The pain shoots all the way up the tendon even when not in use. How can i help this? Ice? Ibuprofen? Please help...
Asked On : Mon, 1 Oct 2012