Swelling in right wrist and hand. Large vein in hand, feels painful. Reason for swelling?

recently my right wrist became swollen and the right side of my right of my hand. It was painful to the touch ,no injury, It was swollen for three weeks. I was told to but a wrist brace on to keep from moving it. After another week it seemed to bring some swelling down. Although i still felt pain i looked at my forearm and saw that there was a large vain running from my elbow , up the the back of forearm over the wrist bone and to the top of my hand by my thumb . The vein feels painful. I have also been waking up hurting all over body. Swollen and tight hands fingers ankles. What do u think is going on? Thanks Gabby 36
Asked On : Sat, 15 Dec 2012