Swelling in eyes. Told due to allergic reaction. Prescribed eye drops. Curing time?

was in the US on vacation, developed swelling in my eyes thought it was an infection. Doctor in US said it was Rosocea in my eye. Prescribed meds for Rosocea. Didn t help. I have followed up with Ontario Dr. and am told that I have an eye infection and allergic reaction to something. Been give eye drops for the infection and allergy . My question is how long should this take to clear up. I also have had an ongoing cold since January, this is the end of March and I still have a cold.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013