Swelling in big left toe, purple discolouration, yellow pus discharge. Treatment for pain and swelling?

My big left toe has suddenly become swollen after someone stepped on it. This is the first time where someone has stepped on my toe and it become swollen and purple. I squeezed it about a day or so after the incident and yellow pus started to come out. Two days later the puss stopped. I looked up ingrown toenails but I m not sure if I have all those signs and symptoms. Is there anyway to get rid of the pain and swelling?
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012