Swelling in ankle, lower leg. Blotchy red skin, bruising. What could it be?

my right foot ankle and lower leg (below the knee ) have been swollen for about a month. The swelling fluxuates from noticilbly swollen to way huge swollen. My skinn above my sock is blotchy red, with bruising and below my ankle is the same. Left foot has been a little swollen as well but nothing compared to the right. I have no way to pay for a doctor and I live in a remote area of northern california. I sit alot at my PC but do get up and move around every couple hours. Google the right more than left swelling continues to deliver results for left over right being a bad thing. What are the possibilities here?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013
hello there!
Thank you for asking,
Lifestyle modification and lifting of leg occassionally every 5 hours for 20 minutes would help swelling, Red blotches needs work up they might be deranged Blood profile and low platelets.
So you would need a GP to sort out etiology for you. DO CBC PT APTT INR and RFTs if these are good then you have nothing to worry about

Good luck
S khan