Swelling from ear down to jawbone, severe discomfort. What could it be?

this morning I woke up and there was swelling ..a hard large spot from the front of my left ear down to my jawbone didnt hurt until i realized it was there now I am finding it uncomfortable but still not much pain..last night during superbowl my jaw would stick when I was chewing and now its swollen and hard..can you tell me what it could be?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013
Hi, Thanks for using HCM.

Swelling in front of ear could be a lymph node or parotid swelling.Which can be differentiated by examination.
Any infection in ear can result in enlarged lymph node. Treatment for infection reduces lymph node size slowly.
Parotid swelling needs to be evaluated for any stones or lump. ultrasound examination is useful. Further management depends on it.

Consult a doctor for examination.

Hope this helps you.