Swelling down the scrotal area after Hernia Surgery

I did lab hernia operation 1 week ago (right side). i still have swelling down the scrotal area, is it normal ?
Asked On : Sun, 4 Apr 2010
  Anonymous's Response

NO it is not normal. If it is normal after surgery then what is the use of getting the surgery done that too laparascopically. Report back to your surgeion, he shall help you.

General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome to HCM forum.This swelling is because of post surgical inflammatory edema and is perfectly normal.You don't have to worry about it as will go in couple of weeks.Thanks and good luck.