Swelling, discomfort, numbness, tingling in knee after falling. Veins in the calf muscles bulging. Reason?

I fell hard on my left knee 5 days ago and there has been swelling and discomfort as well as certain areas very sore to the touch. I went to the hospital and they took xray s but they came back negative for any fractures in the patella . Today I went back for a follow-up exam and the doctor tested my ligaments and tendons surrounding the knee joint and gave me the clear saying that it s all from just hitting the knee cap on the stone-paved street. I have been using a simple knee brace made of ace- bandage type material, I ve been doing the R.I.C.E. technique as well as taking 600mg ibuprofen with each meal and applying Traumeel gel 2x daily. All this as directed by the doctor. I have been walking on it as little as possible but when I do I can feel the swelling and fluid beneath my knee-cap and it s affecting my ability to walk. The knee joint and cap feel weak and loose and I ve been experiencing some numbness and tingling from slightly above the knee on the inside of the leg and also in my foot and toes. Now that some of the swelling has gone down walking is a little bit bet but my veins below the knee down the inside of my calf muscle are bulging and it feel like my circulation is being constricted somewhat. It s not as painful as it is annoying and a weird sensation, but I also know that lack of circulation can be potential for some concern. Thanks
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013