Swelling between the fingers. Can not bend the index finger. Pain in the wrist. Broken bone?

Hi, I am wondering what might be wrong with my hand . It is going on four weeks now. I guess I hit something, can t really remember. Between my pointing finger knuckle and my middle finger knuckle it was very swollen and I couldn t make a fist. Now weeks later it is still a little swollen and I cannot bend my index finger to make a fist. The swollen area is sending pain to my wrist and down to my elbow at times. I have a hard time holding things and using it in general. Every once in a while i hit it on the counter or a door and it hurts terribly. I would have thought it would be much better by now. Is it broken?
Asked On : Sat, 1 Dec 2012

First I will advise to do x ray and see for any fracture.
There is possibility of injury to ligament of metacarpal or phalangeal joint.
If you are having swelling and pain you can strap your finger to get proper rest to joint.

Use ice packs to reduce swelling, inflammation and pain.
For early healing you can take Tab celin [vit C] and antioxidant with anti-inflammatory [Tab enzomac plus ].

You can send your x ray directly on my profile.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.