Swelling and rash on the wrist after being bit by a wasp. How long will it take to recover?

Hey, It s been 5 days since I was stung by a wasp on the inside of my wrist . I am aware that they usually don t lose their sting but it left the sting in. I applied an ice pack straight away but it inevitably swelled and I gained some form of rash . The skin around the sting is always really hot and I ve been applying cream (antihistamine) to prevent itchiness but it doesn t seem to be helping. I know that the pain and itchiness should last a few days but the rash and swelling has spread and I continue to a get a pins and needles type pain shooting down my arm so to describe it. How long will it take before the sting disappears? also is there anything I could do to help ease the symptoms besides what I ve already done?
Asked On : Tue, 25 Sep 2012