Swelling and pain in legs. Chest x-ray shows enlarged heart. How to keep fit?

my father is 87 years old and the body weight is only 45 kilograms. Having good sleep always. Unable to do deep breath. Unable to eat quicklu. we feel everything is OK for this age but the swollen legs. He feels pain. When the chest xray show the heart is enlarged very little. How I do I keep him fit. I am one of his son 53 years old.
Asked On : Sat, 17 Nov 2012
Cardiologist 's  Response
as the age advance many age related problem will come
try to take frequent small meals with more quntity of fruits , milk , soups
long standing bed ridden position also will cause swelling in both legs
do some steam inhalation three times a day
do some physiotheraphy
take care