Swelling and itching on the hands. Have burning sensation. Allergy?

Hi I got bitten last week on a ferry ride not sure what bitten me on my left arm near to my elbow, an hour after that it start to swell. It itch for awhile and start to feel sore. It became worse especially during the night and after that incident my both hand palm start to have this burning sensation and my elbow feel sore whenever I touch it. I'm quite concern on the burning sensation as I can't carried out my daily routine work. I would appreciate if you could help me out.
Thanks!
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013