Sweating from left wrist, hand, worse at night, weight gain. Treatment for symptoms?

Hi, and am a 33 year old female, and my left wrist keeps pouring with sweat, and occasionally my hand too! It is worse and night, and soaks my sheets etc, during the day in can be embarasing when my sleves are soaked, my previous dr told me to try some strong deodarant, but this didn t work, I gained a few pounds and it stopped, I ve recently lost a stone and thats when it started again, but worse than ever! What is wrong? I have to wear watch on other wrist, I am fed up with this now, been back fpor about 3 months or so??
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jan 2013