Swallowed a staple pin, bleeding in the inside of the mouth, no pain. What should I do?

Halo doctor, Just a while ago, I accidentlly swallowed a staple pin ( i guess it is staple pin as i didnt see it) while having my lunch from a restaurant. White chewing the last bit i felt a staple pin like thing between my teeth , but by the time i realized what was happening, i had already swallowed the remaining food in my mouth. Then I felt a pain on the roof of my mouth ( i dont know what is that portion called) just above the teeth line on the left side) and while washing my mouth there was traces of blood . When i touched the inside of my mouth where i felt there was a cut, I could feel the tip of the pin in there. I guess portion of the pin got stuck in there and portion of it went inside. I am very much worried now. It may get stuck into the walls of its path and become an infection or something? what should i do now? I am very much worried to go to a hospital. I dont want to undergo a surgery. Please advise me. I am 37 years old. So far I am not feeling any pain anywhere else other than inside the mouth where it stung.
Asked On : Thu, 26 Jul 2012
Hi thanks for your question at helthcare magic.
Firstly you need to get an x-ray of chest and abdomen which will give a clue about the object (shape) and also where is it located in the body as the object you swallowed is metal. Mean while till the x-ray film is ready you need to get a first aid and injection TT. Depending on the type of object and its location the treatment option varies which will be best decided by the doctor hence a doctor opinion is a must after x-ray. I do umferstand that you are very anxious to go to doctor or hospiltal ant you must remember that the above said things are for the good for you.