Swallowed a flea, feeling dizzy. Should I worry ?

hello worried i have swallowed a flea as the other day i was eating potato chips from a bowl and when i had finshed i felt sumthing on my neck and when i went to get it off i looked at it and i was a flea and now i am very very worried that i have swallowed a couple and i am not sure if i will get tapeworm from hem now. please hep asap as i am very very dizzie today!!
Asked On : Tue, 28 Aug 2012
Nothing is happening to you. You are just feeling something has happened to you.
Fleas are just like any food substance if you have swallowed it will be digested completley.
From your description it seem you had got out the flea and possibly it is the only one which went to your mouth.
Most of the common human worm infestations are not transmitted by fleas.
Fleas can transmit infection. But a single flea will have a negligibly small amount of germs which will be taken care of our body's wonderful immune capacity.
Just your worries makes u feel bad.
You are in good health. Believe in it.