Suspected migraines, chronic headaches. Why should we avoid fruits, juices, nitrates and nitrites?

We were referred to a neuro by our PCP for our 8 year old son with suspected migraines. She (the neuro) provided us with a list of foods to avoid to prevent the chronic headaches rather than treating with medication . Nitrates and Nitrites were on the list of foods to avoid.....are these the same as the mononitrates in flour and breads? Also, fresh fruit and juices were also on the list to avoid and I am very confused about the reason why. Avoiding processed foods and additives/preservitives, etc. makes good sense to me, but the fruit has me puzzled.
Asked On : Sun, 14 Oct 2012