Suspected angina attack. ECG showed shadow on lung. Is it cancer?

Hi, Yesterday my Dad was taken into hospital with a suspected angina attack. Blood tests were clear, ECG showed something had happened but by the third his heart had settled into normal rhythm again but a chest x ray showed a shadow on his lung . He used to be a heavy smoker for around 35 years but hasn t smoked in 2 years and he used to work with asbestos. I m hoping the shadow is a result of something other than cancer but was wondering what the shadow could mean and what further tests might be done. Thanks.
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013