Suspect pinworms, have itching. Took Reese's OTC, still have itching. Is it ok to take an additional dosage ?

I suspect I have pinworms , my symptoms match pretty well but I can never seem to catch one to actually view even using scotch tape! Yesterday I decided to take a dose of Reese s OTC pinworm medicine and though it didn t stop the itching completely it made a substantial difference last night. I still had some itching today so I took an additional half dose today, is that ok? Also, if I really didn t have pinworms the medicine I took would have made no difference in my symptoms correct?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013