Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for painful bleeding ear

I got hit in the ear today by someone s elbow. The girls was double downing from a stunt and forgot to bring her arms in so when I caught her she punched me in the ear. I can feel a little liquid in my ear/blood and it also is very soar to touch. It rings every once in a while and my hearing is kinda muffled. Should I be worried?
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi and thanks for the query,
I suggest what you are feeling now are results of an acute traumatic stress to your ears. An analgesic and an anti inflammatory drug for the moment to control the pain and inflammation should be sufficient. Watchful observation of the pain intensity, bleeding quality of hearing should be the watchwords within the next few days on treatment. Persistent poor hearing, intensification of pain or bleeding should warrant an appointment with your ENT specialist for a more detailed assessment.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.
Answered: Thu, 11 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor