Suggest treatment for painful bleeding ear

I got hit in the ear today by someone s elbow. The girls was double downing from a stunt and forgot to bring her arms in so when I caught her she punched me in the ear. I can feel a little liquid in my ear/blood and it also is very soar to touch. It rings every once in a while and my hearing is kinda muffled. Should I be worried?
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013
Hi and thanks for the query,
I suggest what you are feeling now are results of an acute traumatic stress to your ears. An analgesic and an anti inflammatory drug for the moment to control the pain and inflammation should be sufficient. Watchful observation of the pain intensity, bleeding quality of hearing should be the watchwords within the next few days on treatment. Persistent poor hearing, intensification of pain or bleeding should warrant an appointment with your ENT specialist for a more detailed assessment.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.