Suggest treatment for elevated liver enzymes

Really..... I was just surfin the Web. My Liver enzymes were high. Triglycerides up to the 3000 count. After a normal CT scan..... Ultrasound..... I was taking Gemfibrozil .... 600 mg. Twice a day. I am normal with all tests and now for my blood test two weeks later..... been and still taking Gemfibrol and walk on treadmill one to two miles. My Gastroenterologist never has encountered anything so quickly. He thought I was heavy drinker. I am a small person. BMI is 22.5. I am about 5 3 and weight is 126 ish.... give or take clothing weight. I am 50 years old and have been in menopause for approximately four years. I am divorced..... live alone..... have one son (28 yrs old/married) with no children. Any questions that may help? Maybe I can do something different..... maybe not. I have always had good numbers..... always healthy but not as athletic due to spinal issues. Thanks.
Asked On : Thu, 19 Mar 2015
May 2017
Hi thanks for asking question.

Your main problem is regarding elevated liver enzymes and elevated triglyceride.

Try to avoid stress as anxiety can aggravate your condition and chances of heart ischemic attack by excess stress.

As far as liver enzymes concerned mostly you can have fatty liver because of high cholesterol.If you are taking alcohol then it could be the cause for fatty liver.USG helpful.

Second also do your viral markers to rule out hepatitis.USG is also helpful.

For stress relief do yoga and regular exercise.

For liver problem take less fatty and fried diet.

Avoid trans fat like cheese, meat , burger etc.

Omega 3 fatty acid containing oil useful like olive oil and sunflower oil.

More water.

Green leafy veg taken more.
Fruits taken more.

After 6 month repeat liver enzymes profile.If needed liver biopsy can taken.

Are you taking any drug beside gemfibrosil.because excess drug can lead liver damage and elevated enzymes.

Wish you good health.

Regards;
Dr.Parth goswami