Suffering with stage 4 bile duct cancer, no improvement with chemo. What is the prognosis?

Hi there my mom has been diagnosed with stage 4 bile duct cancer she has undergone chemo but it hasn t worked so chemo has been stopped she has no symptoms with her liver as yet she does not want to know how long she has left which I respect fully. I live in New Zealand and myself and my family are planning a trip back to the Uk to spend quality physical time with my parents my worry is when will be a good time for my moms health to do this at the moment we are all dealing with the prognosis setting a date is a sorry as we don t want it to be too late!
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013