Suffering with sciatica, had nausea, tremors, insomnia and hot flashes after injection. How can I proceed with the treatment?

have siatica and am seeing an orthopedic surgeon who gave me an injection which made me very ill with nausea, shakiness, insomnia , hot flashes. He said to go back to him in 3 weeks to see if the pain subsided or he would give me another injection. There is no way I will do this because of the side effect. he also said to use a stationary bike hot baths but not to go to theraphy. I had to take xanax because of the anxiety this is causing me. What would you do?
Asked On : Mon, 23 Jul 2012