Suffering with sarcoidosis of lungs, hospitalised for large pneumothorax, had reinsertion of chest tube. When should surgery be an option?

my husband was hospitalised 10 days ago with a large pneumothorax .. he also suffers from sarcoidosis of the lungs. He has had the chest tube taken out and reinserted for the second time. my question is how often should they reinsert the chest tube and what should be the dr s next steps in treating my husband.. when should surgery become an option?thankyou look forward to your reply..
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012