Suffering with polycythemia. What should the normal blood levels for this condition be?

I Have had polycythemia for about 3 years with bloodlets to keep level at 46 , but Jan 2012 someone changed this reading to 52 so every time I had blood tests my blood showed up normal - I was not informed about this, if I had I would have queried it. I could not understand why I had been so ill the whole of 2012, in bed most of the year, I thought it was the flu jab. I have been trying to get the consultants secretary to phone me (via Hosp blood clinic and PALS) since 28th Dec. TWO questions: How do I go about getting a second opinion privately and who also what should normal healthy blood levels be for this condition? I need to speak to a BLOOD DISORDER CONSULTANT in U.K.
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013