Suffering with depression. Had low vitamin d level. Blood test normal. Is it hormonal imbalance?

Hi. I have suspected hypothyroidism (my doctor said he did a general blood test and it was fine but I don t think he actually checked thyroid hormone levels) and have suffered with major depression on and off (I used to take sertraline and then came off it). I have suspected PMDD too as every month just before my period I get very bad symptoms including sucidal thoughts. When I tried the pill to regulate my periods it made me very (more) depressed. I had quite low vitamin d levels a few months ago but I think they ve improved now. What can I do to get my doctor to take me seriously and find out what my hormones are like so I can make sure they are balanced?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013