Suffering with debilitating headaches, gets nasty side effects with Metoprolol. Is there any effective treatment?

Hi, My husband is 70 and has suffered from debilitating headaches since the age of 18. He is currently going through a long period of almost daily headaches and has had these for 8 weeks so far. His doctor has just prescribed Metoprolol 23.75mg for a month to see if they can break the cycle. There seem to be a lot of nasty possible side effects is this an effective treatment? Thanks, Kris
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013