Suffering with abdominal koch's, CT scan showed multiple enlarged lymph nodes in periportal and precaval location. What is the cause?

I have abdominal koch s and my CT scan result is Multiple enlarge lymphnodes in the periportal and precaval location, measuring upto 3x2.1cm in the periportal location-likely infective.and FNAC CT guided is not possible as it is complex. Please suggest how i can test if its due to TB, what madician I need to take and any test to confirm the reason of enlarge lymphnodes in upper abdominal.
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012

I am sorry that you are suffering from abdominal Koch's. In the presence of an active abdominal Koch's, the most likely cause for the enlarged lymph nodes is Koch's itself. There is no need to do a test to confirm it. Also CT guided FNAC is difficult as you say and it is better not to try it.

You need to take anti-koch's treatment for this for a minimum of 4 months. Do not worry about testing the lymph nodes now.

Please go ahead and start the anti-koch's treatment at the earliest. The lymph nodes will regress once the Koch's infection subsides with treatment.

Patient compliance is very important in the treatment of Koch's. Take the medicines regularly and complete the full duration of treatment.

I wish you early recovery.