Suffering with abdominal discomfort and frequent bloating. Expeiencing vasovagal reflex. Taking Ezetimbe and asperin. Suggestions.

I am a relatively fit 59 yrar old male but for 10 years + I have been suffering with abdominal discomfort and frequent bloating which was diagnosed as probably IBS. On occasions this has triggered an episode of atrial fibrillation which lasted a few hours. This was not diagnosed until I had a bad episode which lasted 2 days and needed beta blockers to stop it. I am now carefull about what I eat and need to wait until I have emptied my bowels in the morning before I do any exercise or exertion. This can be a real nuisance and inconvenience - but if I don't it can trigger the problem again. More recently I have been expeiencing symptoms similar to a vasovagal reflex (stopping just short of actually passing out) which seems to coincide with trapped gas or abdominal bloating. I was wondering if this is all connected and if there is anything else I can do to treat it? I have had a recent ECG and echo test which shows my heart to be normal - albeit with a slightly low resting rate of about 50bpm. I am fed up of permanently feeling unwell and being worried everytime I have arranged to do anything early mornings in case I am unable to empty my bowels before I go out. the only drugs I take are Ezetimbe for cholesterol (statins didn't suit me) and 75mg asperin since AF was diagnosed. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013