Suffering with Crohn's, have difficulty in taking big blue pills. Any smaller capsules available?

My son has Crohn s and he can t take the big blue pills. We were told we could open them up and put them in applesauce, pudding, etc. Unfortunately, he can t stomach the sight of any of those carriers any more. He s using ice cream, now. He is not taking his full dosage or his dosage at all. He s having flare-ups and losing weight. Isn t there anything else that can be done? Are there smaller capsules of which he can take more? I saw someone say that he can put it in cold water and drink it. I m really at my wits end. Thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012