Suffering from urine infection. Urine analysis done. What does the reports suggests?

hi i went through an complete urine examination so i got colour - pale yellow, appearance- slightly hazy protein-trace, pus cells-4-6/hpf, epithelial cells-25-30/hpf...please let me know what does it indicate ,y is that am frequently suffering form urine infections please let me know is there any specific reason,am married women
Asked On : Sun, 15 Jul 2012

Thanks for writing to health care magic.
If you have recurrent urinary tract infection you should be investigated further for the exact cause of that. A ultrasound abdomen will be the initial investigation advised by your doctor. Your doctor may ask for further investigations including MCU AND DMSA Scan.
There are several causes for recurrent urinary tract infection and further investigations are required to answer your query.

Continue to ask further queries as required.
Hope this helps.
Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty
Associate Professor of Pediatrics