Suffering from tonsillitis. Have mucous and foul odor particles causing bad breath. How to treat it?

Hi Doctor, I m 33 years old female and I have been suffering from tonsillitis due to allergy , however, I don t have sore throat . This has been going on for couple months now. I went to see a speciallist for allergy about 4 months ago. He prescribed me some steroid which helped with the itchy and runny nose and eyes. I told him about tonsillitis but he kept saying that I don t have it and it will go away. my throat however remains problematic. I still have a lot of mucous and the white foul odor particles in my throat. Please help me to get rid of this because it is causing very bad breath problems for me. Thank you
Asked On : Wed, 11 Jul 2012