Suffering from throat infection, taking prednisone and Hydromet cough syrup. Is it the right medicine?

I went to an after hours medical facility last night and was diagnosed with a throat infection. Along with the prednisone and antibiotic, they also prescribed hydromet cough syrup . I can t tell yet about the antibiotics but the cough syrup has really helped. They didn t prescribe much and after using the dosage on the bottle, I m almost out and they want call in another prescription even though I was just there. I can t really pay the another 125 when I was just there! Is there a way to speak with a doctor online and he could call them, get the facts and call in a prescription?
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013