Suffering from sudden dizzy spells, occurring at random, prickling sensation in hands. Causes?

Hi, im 17 year old female. For the last couple of weeks ive been getting dizzie light headed spells sometimes. It tends to be wjen input my head back in a certain position that theyre really bad. I had these dizzy spells last year as well and i dont know what causes it. This morning i woke up wiyh pins and needles in my hand and side od my head and since then my dizzy spells have been happening more randomly. Any ideas??
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013
Hi and thanks for the query,
Dizziness is a common symptom and most of the time is benign not actually depicting serious disease. However, when symptoms repeated themselves, it deserves a critical evaluation and usually deserves a cardiologist s opinion. Some neurological diseases could have similar manifestations and depending on the cardiologist s opinion. Pins in the hands are sensations generally due to abnormalities of nervous transmissions in the peripheral nervous system. This could simply arise due to changes or fluctuations in particular serum electrolytes like Calcium, Magnesium and Potassium.
I suggest you get a cardiologic consultation for a proper review.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.